Celebrate the Fourth of July with this bright berry trifle!
1 pint blueberries
2 pints strawberries
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup mascarpone
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your Wolf Convection Oven to 325° on the Convection Mode. Line a 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine the dry cake ingredients. Combine the buttermilk, lemon juice and lemon zest. In your Wolf Gourmet Stand Mixer, combine the butter and sugar and cream with the paddle until fluffy and lighter in color.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating before adding the next egg.
4. Add half of the flour while mixing, then half of the buttermilk. Repeat until everything is fully incorporated.
5. Pour into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Once cool, cut into 1 inch cubes.
6. In your Wolf Gourmet Stand mixer, whip together all the frosting ingredients until smooth and fluffy.
7. Wash and dry the berries. Remove the stem and quarter the strawberries.
8. Begin layering your trifle in individual cups or a large bowl, layering the cake, berries, and frosting. Serve and enjoy!
Make this recipe even easier by using box cake instead!
You can make buttermilk at home by adding 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to ½ cup of milk.