Not quite fall, but clearly no longer summer; if ever there was an angst-inducing season for fashion, it’s that tricky transitional time. Ditch the wardrobe anxiety attacks with these go-to pieces in black and white.
1. A black v-neck cashmere sweater in a just-right weight from Helmut Lang; available at com.
2. A skinny jean in a dark wash works equally well for casual evening gatherings as it does a quick lunch; J. Brand’s Carolina jean available at Barneys.com.
3. Throw a cashmere poncho over a tee for an easily-ditched layer as the day warms up; from Tomas Maier at Barneys.com.
4. There is no wrong season for the Vitello Daino from Prada; available at Neiman Marcus.
5. Gucci’s New Jordaan velvet loafer is a slightly masculine take that women will wear daily; available at Neiman Marcus.
6. Swap out a basic button-down for the Tuxedo Tie-Front Blouse from J. Peterman for polished perfection.
7. The Wing Cuff by Elsa Peretti is minimal enough for daytime yet hefty enough to make a statement for evening soirees; from Tiffany.
All photos via respective websites.