The key to chic seaside living is to create a soothing retreat that nods to the nearby shore, while sticking to a minimalist palette and steering clear of coastal kitsch.
- Sink into the crisp comfort of West Elm’s striped linen bedding, and you’ll never want to go back to cotton again.
- A handmade stoneware bell from Brook Farm General Store is modern and quaint all at the same time.
- This handwoven alpaca throw in Mist Gray brings foggy days on the water to mind; from Nantucket Looms.
- Target’s sleek brass tripod lamp will lend a seaworthy note to any room, without overpowering it.
- One well placed anchor motif? Check, thanks to this embroidered linen beauty from K. Colette.
- When in doubt, add stripes. Try them in a subtle gray and white, like this cotton runner from H&M.
- This clean-lined rattan armchair, new to Ikea’s Stockholm Collection, is an updated take on a beach house staple.
- Keep vacation buzz kills like power cords and other unsightly clutter bundled up in a cute leather pouch from Madewell.
- Bring the outdoors in with an original landscape from a local artist; “Here Today” by Elena Bao can be purchased at Kristen Coates Art and Home.